Chicago Department of Public Health
THE MISSION of the Chicago Department of Public Health is to make Chicago a safer and healthier place by working with community partners to promote health, prevent disease, reduce environmental hazards and ensure access to health care for all Chicagoans.
- Provide leadership for Public Health.
- Identify, analyze and track issues.
- Define problems and guide public health action.
- Inspect food establishments to ensure safe food supply.
- Establish a public health presence in city neighborhoods.
- Deliver services either directly or through delegate agencies.
- Advise Chicagoans of their rights as health care consumers and help them get care from HMOs and other medical providers.